This is a very simple utility written in PLT-Scheme. The program
can download a file from a given Web address repeatedly.
The input parameters of the program are:
To start the file downloading press the "Start" button. While the program is in
downloading mode you cannot modify the input parameters. To modify the parameters
press the "Stop" button. To quit the program press the "Quit" button.
- The Web address
- The output file name. The an integer number is added to the file name.
For details see below.
The file, if it already
exists, will be overwritten without question.
- An integer number. The number is increased after each download.
The number is attached to the given filename before the extension.
- The time delay in seconds. In general this time elapses between two
downloads. However, the program works a little differently. The countdown
of the time starts only after the file download has been finished. It means
that if the download of a file takes some time then this time is added to
the time delay.
If there is a network error, for example the Web address is not reachable, then
the program gives a warning and it attempts the download again only after the time delay
has elapsed. The integer number is not increased in this case.
When the program quits it writes out the current settings.
The settings are stored in the "downloader.ini" file. The program will try
to load the file and if it exists the user interface will be set to the
The graphical user interface of the program has been created with MredDesigner.
The program is licensed under LGPL.
- Source code
- downloader.scm : The main file containing the program logic and user interface
- sx-file.scm : A file selection dialog derived from PLT-Scheme.
- sx-alert.scm : A dialog window for warning messages.
Copyright © 2006